The 11th House

Welcome to the 11th House. The number 11 signifies the completion of one life cycle. The gift of truth and clarity is symbolized by this number. At the 11th House, we can manifest our destinies as we embark on the journey of the spirit warrior. The root of all evil is ignorance...but perhaps with open dialogue, a bit of insight, and loving-kindness we can alleviate the pain of a broken spirit or disturbed mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hong Kong, Southeast Asia, Hong Kong

Michele is a 36 year-old journalist and the author of "Rotten Jellybeans", a semi-autobiographical collection of short stories and essays. Her book is available at Amazon.com and Chipmunkapublishing.co.uk. She has had two short stories published in "Love and Lust in Singapore". You can view samples of Michele's published articles at www.michelekohmorollo.com

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pretty Words


Tired tired but the head won’t rest
No more pretty words to give
No more nice sounds coming out of my mouth
My body is like a piece of rotting wood
My fingers like dead leaves
The frailty of my body was imperceptible in youth
Now it is tired tired
But the head won’t rest

Writers seem more prone to alzheimers
And parkinsons in old age
Perhaps because the mind is fighting
The atrophy of the body
The immune system falters

The skin burns, tightens and itch
The organs become phlegmatic in rebellion
Even the passion, the kind with the juice
Stops flowing
Till the only orgasm
Is the one achieved by stroking the word

Till the only bliss is the one that removes
The writer from other human beings

Removes her even from nature
Even from time, from space
From the concept of sex and race
From the concept of building and place
From the constrainst of money and face

Till the only concepts that give comfort
Are --- self and god
Self
God
Self god
God self
Self god
Deliriously happy in the certainly
Of that truth
I am god
God is me
Bliss

Tell me, you simple one?
Is there a greater freedom?
That when the head catches
Those pretty pretty words?
Is there a freeir man?
Than he who dwells only in the world of ideas
Unfettered by sentimental tugs that the human relations entail
Unencumbered by even the gentle stirrings of religion and politics
Unseduced even by the brief joy of companionship

Was there ever a freeir man than he who is God of thought
Creator of reality that does not long even to be?
A creator with no need to create
A vessel of restless seeds that wish to stay uncracked
Why become fruit
To offer your flesh for eating
Nobody eats the seed
So stay seeds
Why sow them?
That’ll bring them closer to their death

Life in the horrid body
Tired tired
Ill ill
The body unworthy of the mind
The mortal body
Bethrothed to the divine mind

Goodbye body
Goodbye memories
Goodbye love
Goodbye desire
Goodbye cares and woes
Goodbye death
Goodbye world
Goodbye feelings
I exist now only on a diet of thought

I judge not
I judge not

So lonely lonely
Tired tired
No more pretty words to give

In my world of thought
An immaterial world of possibly bogus anitmatter

I speak it plain
I speak it for my own benefit
I care not about you
If you think like me
Then you are like god
Then you understand
The simple simple, not so pretty words

Are you tired too?

Copyright 19 Dec 2007, Michele Koh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home